This dog arrived at a New York City shelter last November after being found ditched in a plastic bucket in shocking shape. He hardly had any fur and his skin was riddled with deep wounds likely from being burned with battery acid and several cigarette burns.
His front leg was so badly injured it was heart-breaking even for the staffers at Special Needs Animal Rescue Rehabilitation (SNARR) who are used to treating injured animals. But rudy is a fighter and his story only got better from there. After he was given immediate medical attention he was placed in a foster family of veterinarians.